Thursday, September 07, 2006
- Name: Treatment Advocacy Center
- Location: United States
The Treatment Advocacy Center (www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating barriers to the timely and effective treatment of severe mental illnesses. TAC promotes laws, policies, and practices for the delivery of psychiatric care and supports the development of innovative treatments for and research into the causes of severe and persistent psychiatric illnesses, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. The American Psychiatric Association honored TAC for "extraordinary advocacy." TAC president Dr. E. Fuller Torrey: "Until we find the causes and definitive treatments for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, we have an obligation to those who are suffering to try to improve their lives. TAC is the only organization willing to take on this fight, and I am very proud to be part of it."
- No other choice
- Dr. Fenton's wisdom
- Mourning the loss of Dr. Wayne Fenton
- Power of the pen
- The insightful writings of Pam Wagner
- Leave her alone: She’s doing God’s will
- "I only sought to harm myself"
- "They should be elsewhere, getting the help they n...
- There is hope
- Mental health courts and mental health "advocates"...