Monday, March 10, 2008
- Name: Treatment Advocacy Center
- Location: United States
The Treatment Advocacy Center (www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating barriers to the timely and effective treatment of severe mental illnesses. TAC promotes laws, policies, and practices for the delivery of psychiatric care and supports the development of innovative treatments for and research into the causes of severe and persistent psychiatric illnesses, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. The American Psychiatric Association honored TAC for "extraordinary advocacy." TAC president Dr. E. Fuller Torrey: "Until we find the causes and definitive treatments for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, we have an obligation to those who are suffering to try to improve their lives. TAC is the only organization willing to take on this fight, and I am very proud to be part of it."
- Housing for the homeless, and treatment too
- AOT: Effective but underused
- After Virginia Tech - much activity, little accomp...
- Stigma, violence and severe mental illness
- Cry for help ignored
- Suicide by cop
- Using Laura's Law in California
- "How many people have to lose their lives..."
- Imprisoned because of psychosis
- A plea for people neglected by a broken system