Wednesday, April 19, 2006
- Name: Treatment Advocacy Center
- Location: United States
The Treatment Advocacy Center (www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating barriers to the timely and effective treatment of severe mental illnesses. TAC promotes laws, policies, and practices for the delivery of psychiatric care and supports the development of innovative treatments for and research into the causes of severe and persistent psychiatric illnesses, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. The American Psychiatric Association honored TAC for "extraordinary advocacy." TAC president Dr. E. Fuller Torrey: "Until we find the causes and definitive treatments for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, we have an obligation to those who are suffering to try to improve their lives. TAC is the only organization willing to take on this fight, and I am very proud to be part of it."
- NPR on Supreme Court case
- Supreme Court hears insanity defense
- NPR: Fighting for treatment
- Albuquerque Mayor Chavez: "We're not waiting"
- Four appointed to TAC board of directors
- Snapshot: Lack of insight
- Scott Finn: Profiling struggle led to reform
- Untreated mental illnesses compromise ALL emergenc...
- CATIE - Phase 2
- WI prison suicides 2x national number