Tuesday, May 30, 2006
- Name: Treatment Advocacy Center
- Location: United States
The Treatment Advocacy Center (www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating barriers to the timely and effective treatment of severe mental illnesses. TAC promotes laws, policies, and practices for the delivery of psychiatric care and supports the development of innovative treatments for and research into the causes of severe and persistent psychiatric illnesses, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. The American Psychiatric Association honored TAC for "extraordinary advocacy." TAC president Dr. E. Fuller Torrey: "Until we find the causes and definitive treatments for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, we have an obligation to those who are suffering to try to improve their lives. TAC is the only organization willing to take on this fight, and I am very proud to be part of it."
- Memorial Day
- Raising the bar means many will fall
- Why would the Antichrist need medication?
- “This guy was a walking time bomb.”
- The danger in averting suicide
- Treatment Advocacy Center honors three of psychiat...
- MD and VA offer little defense ...
- “It's like you almost have to do a major crime to ...
- Bloggers on Kennedy shooting ...
- Another needless death