Wednesday, October 24, 2007
- Name: Treatment Advocacy Center
- Location: United States
The Treatment Advocacy Center (www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating barriers to the timely and effective treatment of severe mental illnesses. TAC promotes laws, policies, and practices for the delivery of psychiatric care and supports the development of innovative treatments for and research into the causes of severe and persistent psychiatric illnesses, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. The American Psychiatric Association honored TAC for "extraordinary advocacy." TAC president Dr. E. Fuller Torrey: "Until we find the causes and definitive treatments for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, we have an obligation to those who are suffering to try to improve their lives. TAC is the only organization willing to take on this fight, and I am very proud to be part of it."
- "A system that is complex, confusing and dysfuncti...
- AOT helps reduce crime
- An unprecedented focus
- Suicide at UCLA
- Important message in "Michael Clayton": location m...
- This is the one place that can't say no
- The new mental institutions
- Michael Clayton, Slate and an important question
- Forest fires and untreated mental illness
- Why counties need to care about treatment laws