Wednesday, April 25, 2007
- Name: Treatment Advocacy Center
- Location: United States
The Treatment Advocacy Center (www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating barriers to the timely and effective treatment of severe mental illnesses. TAC promotes laws, policies, and practices for the delivery of psychiatric care and supports the development of innovative treatments for and research into the causes of severe and persistent psychiatric illnesses, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. The American Psychiatric Association honored TAC for "extraordinary advocacy." TAC president Dr. E. Fuller Torrey: "Until we find the causes and definitive treatments for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, we have an obligation to those who are suffering to try to improve their lives. TAC is the only organization willing to take on this fight, and I am very proud to be part of it."
- Virginia AG calls for better mental illness tx law...
- A classic case of shooting the messenger
- Media recognize flaws in treatment laws
- Media reacts to Cho
- Hiding from warnings at VA Tech
- Warning signs from VA Tech shooter
- Questions in Virginia
- It's important to ask
- Treatment reform in Illinois
- Mentally Ill, Homeless & in the Snow